Internship Opportunity: Event Production Assistant
El Tambó Production Assistant, Artspeak LLC
Tucson, Arizona • Date published: 12/5/2016
Established grassroots event production house & arts incubator Artspeak LLC seeks intern interested in live music, concerts, sound, bands, events, connecting community & borderlands culture. The Production Assistant will work directly with artist, producer & DJ Logan Dirtyverbs Phillips on putting together El Tambó events. El Tambó (“Best Danceparty 2015,” Tucson Weekly), is Arizona’s premiere tropical / latin dance party, held monthly at the historic Hotel Congress.
- ~ 3-6 hrs / week of office work, one 4 hour evening event a month.
- Downtown Tucson & remote
- January 1 - May 31, 2017.
- Unpaid, though costs will be covered.
- Perks abound! Backstage pass(es), free music, access to professional DJ equipment & more
- Be at least 19 years old.
- Have smartphone & laptop
- Have solid social networking skills, including:
- Facebook Pages, Facebook Ads
- Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
- Have clear and professional writing skills, especially over email
- Have reliable transportation & punctuality
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Are bilingual English / Spanish or have a functional familiarity with both languages
- Have graphic design skills & familiarity with Photoshop. Illustrator a plus.
- Have an interest or experience with social justice organizing
- Have an interest or experience with latin and/or Caribbean music
- Have an interest or experience with bands & concerts
- Email the following as attachments (PDF, RTF or Word) to Logan Phillips, logan [ A t ] dirtyverbs.com
- One page resume / CV
- One page cover letter explaining applicant’s interest
* * *