After three years and four hundred copies of my last book, "Sun Said Shine," I'm excited to say that I will have two new books released at the 4/20 Spoken Word Showcase in Flagstaff, AZ on April 20th.
The first book is "This Line Drawn Across Footprints," and is a compilation of work from 2004-2005 including many form poems and other pieces that were in heavy rotation during the 05 and 06 tours. 44 pages long, 16 poems and brand-new Spanish translations of 4. Pedro Día returns to offer more of his acclaimed illustration work.
Only two hundred copies will be printed this time. Price will be right around $7. Due to still living in Mexico, there are no plans to offer the book for sale online at the moment, maybe that will happen in July.
Here's a list of the poems:
- Gadsden in Sestina
- Arizonan Ghazels
- In Ciudad Júarez, They Say the Night is a Thief
- Fabulous, or Where Costs Are Way Far Down
- La Conquista Still Unfinished, the Priest Climbed
- The Boy's Pockets
- Morning of February 21, 2005
- I Confuse the Dead Man,
- Michael's Fever
- This Poem Ate it All
- What He Dreams of in His Coma
- Fausto Arellano
- La Viejita de Sonora
- Eight-Year-Old Slinky Falling Down Stairs
- Three Times el Búho Speaks
italicized poems in Spanish and English
More info on the other new book soon! Yay!